Let's boost your search!
Our search is 88% focused on jobs in doctors' offices
We use Smart Search Technology to remove the guesswork when trying to find job listings for doctor offices.
Pharmacy technicians help licensed pharmacists dispense prescription medication. They work in retail pharmacies and hospitals. They typically do the following:
- Interpret information needed to fill a prescription
- Measure amounts for prescriptions
- Mix medications, such as ointments
- Package and label prescriptions
- Accept payment for prescriptions and process insurance claims
Most pharmacy technicians work full time, but many work part time. Their median pay is about $13.65 per hour.